MG Glenn Curtis Scholarship
Scholarships are to help cover the cost of tuition, applicable room and board, and fees and books at a college or university in the state of Louisiana. All scholarship applicants or previous scholarship recipients must apply or re-apply each year no later than June 30th. Scholarship recipients will be notified no later than August 1st. All scholarship grants awarded will be paid directly to the institution to be attended by the recipient.
High school students in their senior year with a minimum GPA of 3.0 who have been accepted to a 4-year accredited college or university in Louisiana or an accredited 2-year school governed by one of the Louisiana higher education management Boards of Supervisors.
Applicants may apply for a maximum of four annual scholarships of $2,500 per year for a total of $10,000 if attending a 4-year university or college. For students attending or applying to a 2-year community college or technical school then a maximum of two annual scholarships of $2,500 per year for a total of $5,000 is available.
Applicant must include:
- A one-page essay outlining their desire to continue their education and reveal their hopes, ambitions, and desires.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals (High School Principal, Teacher, Coach, Professor, community leader, etc.) recounting their leadership skills and extracurricular activities.
- Official High School Transcript, if a high school senior.
- A copy of the latest college transcript for college students reapplying for continuation of their scholarship.
- A copy of your official ACT or SAT report.
Applications with the supporting documentation must be completed and received no later than May 31st.
Send all the documentation to:
Louisiana National Guard Foundation
Attn: Executive Director
6400 St. Claude Ave.
New Orleans, LA. 70117